Click on Arrow to download PDF Copy of Use of Logo: Op Form 39
USE OF LOGO
Certified clients are entitled to publish the fact that its Management System has been audited. Certified clients can apply the Alpha Logo to stationery and promotional material relating to the scope of certification as detailed on the certificate but shall ensure that in its publications and advertising no confusion arises between certified and non-certified products/processes and activities.
The company shall not make any claim that could mislead purchasers to believe that a product/process or activity is covered by certification when, in fact, it is not. The client may not apply the used logo to products or packaging.
Reasonable care is taken by Alpha Certification Services to control the use of the certificates issued, including the issue of rules for use of Logo.
The certificate and logo remain the property of Alpha Certification Services, and may only be used in accordance with the rules laid out below.
Size and Colour of Logo
The mark may be reproduced in any colour, but where practical should conform to existing pre-printed stationery, brochures, letterheads or other promotional materials of the Company. Where the marks are printed on an A4 page the mark shall be a maximum of 20mm in height. For larger page size the mark may be proportionately larger. Under normal circumstances the mark will not be printed less than 6mm in height excluding the certificate number, however in exceptional circumstances where the space is limited (example business cards) the mark may be smaller but must be legible and proportional to the mark on A4 size documents.
Use of the Logo on Stationery
This is allowed, provided it is not used on documents specifically related to the product itself.
Use of the Logo on:
§ Laboratory Test/Analysis Reports
§ Calibration and/or Inspection reports
Use of the Logo on the Product itself
Use of the Logo on individual product packaging/containers
Use of the Logo on outer packaging used for transportation of products (Generally, does not reach end-users)
This is allowed provided it is accompanied by a clear statement that the product was manufactured by an organization/in a plant whose quality management system is certificated as being in conformity with the relevant standard. Use of the logo without such an accompanying statement is not allowed.
Use of Certification/Logo in pamphlets etc. for advertising purposes.
The use of the logo is allowed, providing:
- The organisation conforms to the requirements of Alpha Certification Services when referring to its certification status in communication media such as the internet, brochures or advertising, or other documents.
- The organisation does not make or permit any misleading statement regarding its certification.
- The organisation does not use or permit the use of a certification document or any part thereof in a misleading manner.
- The organisation amends all advertising matter when the scope of certification has been reduced.
- The organisation does not allow reference to its Management System certification to be used in such a way as to imply that Alpha Certification Services has certified a product (including service) or process.
- The organisation does not imply that the certification applies to activities that are outside of the scope of certification.
The organisation does not use its certification in such a manner that will bring Alpha Certification Services and/or certification system into disrepute and lose public trust.
Suspension, Withdrawal or Cancellation of Certification.
Upon notification of suspension and/or withdrawal of certification by Alpha Certification Services, or upon cancellation of certification by Alpha Certification Services, the organization must immediately stop use of the logo/certificate in any form or manner.
Auditors will check use of the certificates and logos during surveillance audits and renewal certification audits. Any noted or reported misuse of the Alpha Certification Services Logo will be investigated and, if confirmed, will result in the raising of a Major Corrective Action. This could ultimately lead to suspension and/or withdrawal of certification.